The Boys & Girls Club of Marion County provides a fun, educational, and safe place for kids to learn and grow. Each day members are provided with homework assistance, educational recreation time, and a nutritious snack.
By focusing on three core areas, approximately 600 of Marion, Ohio’s youth are learning to be healthy, to be educated, and to be responsible citizens. These three core areas are:
- Academic Success Programs: PowerHour, Project Learn
- Character & Leadership Programs: Youth for Unity
- Health Lifestyle Programs: SmartMoves, Cavity Free Zone, Triple Play
We believe each child is an individual active learner, full of curiosity and potential, eager and capable of achieving success in school and beyond.
What We Offer
- A safe place for young people after school and during the summer months
- Life-enhancing programs that produce successful life outcomes by opening young minds, creating aspirations, and enhancing academic achievement
- Relationships with caring, trained adults who are excellent role models and mentors needed by today’s youth
- Acceptance, hope, and opportunity that lead to increased confidence and a brighter future
Formula for Impact
Formula for Impact is a roadmap developed by Boys & Girls Clubs of America to help ensure that members achieve our priority outcomes of Academic Success, Good Character and Citizenship, and Healthy Lifestyles. It represents the five key elements for positive youth development:
- A safe, positive environment
- Supportive relationships
- Opportunities and expectations
It also incorporates high-yield learning activities, targeted programs and regular attendance.