The Boys & Girls Club of Marion County is accepting applications for the following position(s). To apply, complete an employment application or send a cover letter and resume to the Club. You can send these through our website by clicking here.
Youth Development Professional
Youth Development Professionals (YDP) are responsible for the implementation of our programs to further the Club mission to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens. The YDP implements a comprehensive program plan using high impact activities that nurture the potential of Club members.
The individual will role model our core values of honesty, respect and responsibility and work daily to develop personal and meaningful relationships with members, volunteers, program participants and others.
Click here for a complete YDP position description.
The Boys & Girls Club of Marion County is seeking a highly motivated, organized, and energetic individual to join our team as Teen Director.
This position will be responsible for implementing teen programs and developing local resources for Club teens (sixth through twelfth grade). Programs will foster positive self-identity; education, employment, social, emotional and cultural competencies; community and civic involvement; health and life skills and a moral compass.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate their ability to connect with and motivate teens as well as how they are able to collaborate with community partners.
This is a part-time position working afternoons/evenings Monday – Friday during the school year. Hours increase during the summer program and shift to the daytime. However, with the help of the successful applicant, this position is planned to transition to full-time as the program flourishes.
Some of the essential functions or duties include:
- Enable all young people, especially those that need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens;
- Maintain a professional appearance and conduct business using excellent customer service skills;
- Work with other staff to ensure successful outcome of the Club’s operations and mission;
- Contribute in implementing and carrying out daily programs and activities using Formula for Impact adopted by the BGCA to enhance the potential for developing a sense of competence, belonging, usefulness and influence;
- Contribute to creating a positive Club environment that facilitates the achievement of youth development outcomes;
- Manage conflict, problems and emergencies, analyze situation, grasp problem and draw reliable conclusion taking appropriate action without waiting for direction;
- Provide member guidance and mentoring to help them fulfill and make appropriate choices about their educational, personal, physical, social, emotional, vocational and spiritual needs;
- Create an environment that attracts members with appropriate displays, information and recognition.
- Manage facilities and ensure a productive environment, maintaining an inventory of all program equipment and supplies in good order. Recommend requisitions as necessary.
- Serve as a positive adult role model at all Club, local and national events.
- Provide year-round teen program planning, seek out BGCA program opportunities, including conducting, Keystone, Passport to Manhood, and Smart Girls.
- Plan, organize and implement a range of programs and activities for or members. Promoting and stimulating program participation such as employment, health and life skills.
- Work with local schools to maintain and expand relationships with external community groups, schools, and others to support outreach efforts to youth.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with parents and organizations.
- Support teens in personal growth, character development, goal setting, and skill development.
- Increase visibility of Club programs via posting of daily schedule, announcements of upcoming events and the dissemination of timely information to members and families.
- Acts as a role model by their actions in both their professional and private life.
Click here for a complete Teen Director position description.